Ideally situated with 1,100 acres, this mega-site is the largest tract of land in North Alabama currently designated as an Alabama AdvantageSite and it is 100% county-owned. All due diligence has been completed and the site is ready for development. The Little Canoe Creek Mega-Site has proven infrastructure, location, utility availability, ideal configuration, and potential for future growth.
- Regional Population: 1,200,000*
- Regional Labor Force: 590,000 including 60,000 in manufacturing*
- Educational Pipeline: 120,000 with Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) and 15,000 Annual Graduates with Certificate or Associate’s Degree (or higher)
- Strong Regional Industry Sectors include Automotive, Aerospace, Metalworking, and Food Processing
- Labor Market Above National Average
- Competitive Wages Below National and State Average
- Alabama is a Right-to-Work State. No Union-positive Elections in Etowah County in 15 Years.
AdvantageSite Fact Sheet
Click the button below to download the Little Canoe Creek fact sheet.Download Fact Sheet
- Highway Access: Adjacent to I-59 | US-11 On-site
- Rail Access: Norfolk Southern, Main Line
Distance to Rail Line: On-site
- Electricity Provider: Alabama Power Company
- Natural Gas Providers: Spire and/or Boaz Gas Board
Gas Mains: Three available, 4", 6", and 8"
- Gas Pressure: 150 psi and 300 psi
- Water Provider: The Utilities Board of Rainbow City
Water Main Size: 12"
- Sewer Provider: The Utilities Board of Rainbow City
Sewer Main Size: 6"
- Telecommunications Provider: AT&T
Both Fiber and Copper available
- Distance to Regional Airport: 10 miles to Northeast Regional Airport
- Distance to International Airport: BHM - 50 miles, ATL - 140
Quality of Life
- Cost of Living: 85.6% of national average
- Median Housing Cost: $138,000
- Average Apartment Rent: $650
- Healthcare Facilities: Gadsden Regional Medical Center, Riverview Medical Center
- Educational Institutions: Gadsden State Community College, Jacksonville State University’s Gadsden Center, University of Alabama’s Gadsden Center
- Thriving Historic Downtown Gadsden with Growing Arts and Entertainment District
- Beautiful Nature and Outdoor Recreation including Noccalula Falls Park, Coosa River & Neely Henry Lake, Martin Wildlife Park Trail, Twin Bridges Golf Course, Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail, Lookout Mountain Parkway